Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

I couldn't sleep, so I figured this would be as good a time as any to post.

I realized that I haven't posted in a neutral mood in a while. There's a good reason for that: when I'm focused on sex I am usually either in sub mode or in Dom mode, and I usually post on here because I'm thinking about sex. However, this makes me look pretty bipolar, so I thought I'd give you a sane update.

I am still recovering from the car accident, they've found out I have a torn ligament and torn cartilage in my wrist. My knee is still a bit of a mess too, and I have to start back on physical therapy soon. So I'm spending a lot of time sitting in my room trying not to go stir-crazy, alternating with periods where I'm half asleep for a day or two because of painkillers. I'm working on getting surgery for the wrist, the knee is just a matter of doing the work.

I have no resolutions this year, I'm just not going to bother. I'm already working as hard as I can on getting better at life, so a new year's resolution would be either redundant or trivial. Either way, worthless.

I'm looking forward to being able to learn bass once my wrist is fixed. I'm still going to play lefty, partially because I am already used to it, partially because I don't want to count on my wrist ending up at 100%. (I'm right-handed, but my left wrist is fucked up enough that I can't bend it enough to fret with my left hand.) And Z pointed out that I will be pretty much the only female lefty bassist/vocalist in existence, which is pretty cool. (Once we all learn our instruments the idea is for us to play together - Z on drums, R on guitar, me on bass & vocals. Not because I'm any better at singing, but because I have the guts to do it.)

Happy New Year and all that. Random tangent: people who get upset at "Happy Holidays" make me laugh. Even for Christians, there are multiple holidays in December. Before I get into religion or politics, I'm going to end the post.

1 comment:

  1. Because you have the guts to do it, and you'll be more able to than I (singing and drumming at the same time is nigh impossible, sadly). That's why I like the idea of us learning a few cool songs on different instruments, so we can switch around and really have fun with 'em.

    ReplyDelete