Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Car Crash

Monday night I was driving from my staging location (where I was launching canvasses out of & having phone banks) to the office to pick up supplies for Election Day. At the first intersection I came to I was driving straight through a green light and some kid turned left into me. My air bags went off, my car was totaled. I felt OK at the time other than being freaked out, but it turns out that was from adrenaline. Between the election being the next day & just how in shock I was from the crash, I didn't realize how hurt I was until Wednesday. Wednesday night I went to the ER to get checked out. My left wrist is in a splint. My right knee is in a brace, and is really fucked up. There's a spot on my kneecap that is completely numb, and the doc said that a nerve had been crushed and it will probably grow back in about 3 months. He also thinks I might have damaged the cartilage, which may or may not heal. If it doesn't I'll always have pain there. And since I'm already prone to arthritis & joint issues because I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (Type III), the last thing I need is a permanent problem with my knee.

No comments:

Post a Comment