Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Realization

I've said in a few places that of course I don't get pleasure from random pain, that there has to be context. I just noticed that my statements were incorrect. I just got a paper cut that sent a shiver down my spine. It's not that this is a new reaction, I just never really took note of it. As long as it's the same flavor of pain that I enjoy in a scene, I can still derive pleasure from it. I usually enjoy getting a random cut, especially if it bleeds. I think the reason that I didn't catch this sooner is that the usual example is a stubbed toe, which I hate as much as the non-masochists that I know. But give me sharp pain, and there's a good chance that I'll like it regardless of the setting. It does still depend on my mood, though; it's not a given. 

No comments:

Post a Comment